Step 1: Create a Game Project on Newgrounds.com
- Navigate to https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/new
- Fill in the form as much as you can, then scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Press the API Tools button.
Step 2: Verify your App Settings
- The top of the page contains all of your App Credentials. Make a note of your App ID, and Encryption Key. You will need these to use Newgrounds.io.*
- At the bottom of this page, you will find links to set up the various components.
Step 3: Implement the API Into Your Game
Download the library for your platform (if available).
Attention Flash Users: We are no longer providing support or updates for the old Flash API (v2). If you need to use it, click the 'Advanced' button in the top-right corner of the 'Api Tools' page and locate the section explaining how to switch to this old version.
|Platform||Author||Encryption Cipher||Encryption Encoder|
|Construct 2 (WebGL)||rexrainbow||AES-128||Base64|
|Unity3D (C#)||Josh Tuttle||AES-128||Base64|
|PHP||Kees Van Beilen||AES-128||Base64|
Step 4: Learn how to use the API components
In programming terms, you can think of an API component as a remote function. These functions take parameters, execute, and return a result.
Consult the help documents for your library to learn how you can call a component, then check out the components list page to see what components are available to you.
If there is no library for your platform, you can communicate with the server directly.